Was the ale in good condition, tasty and just as you hoped it would be, or did it leave you feeling a little flat? We would really like to know what you think of the beer you are drinking, and CAMRA members can let us know via What Pub beer scoring.
Beer scoring allows us to collect and analyse information submitted by members in order for us to see how our pubs are doing and even help us to choose pubs for the Good Beer Guide.
Scoring a beer is really easy and only takes a few moments of your time.
Beers are scored out of five, using this scale;
- Poor. Beer that is anything from barely drinkable to drinkable with considerable resentment.
- Average. Competently kept, drinkable pint but doesn’t inspire in any way, not worth moving to another pub but you drink the beer without really noticing.
- Good. Good beer in good form. You may cancel plans to move to the next pub. You want to stay for another pint and may seek out the beer again.
- Very Good. Excellent beer in excellent condition.
- Perfect. Probably the best you are ever likely to find. A seasoned drinker will award this score very rarely.
You can use your smartphone or any internet connected tablet or computer to enter a score. First go to the What Pub website and find the pub you want to score. On most mobile devices you can use the handy ‘nearby pubs’ button, or you can use the search box to find the pub. With the pub on display look for the ‘Submit Beer Scores’ tab, log in using your CAMRA log in details, enter your score and submit.
So is there an app for this? Yes, there is now. The Good Beer Guide app is available on Android and iOS and it has been updated to allow beer scoring. Just follow the instructions in the app to link it to your CAMRA account and then you can use it to submit your scores. The app is well worth having a look at and it allows you to search for nearby Good Beer Guide Pubs if you are in an unfamiliar area. You can access more of the facilities on the app by taking out a subscription.
We would really like as many of you as possible to score your beer and give us this valuable information.