27th Cambridge Beer Festival
Cambridge City Football Ground
Behind the Westbrook Centre, off Milton Road (Mitcham's Corner end).
Monday 22nd May - Saturday 27th May 2000
Organised by the Campaign for Real Ale, Cambridge & District Branch
Sponsors of the music, the advertising and the trade session.
The Festival charity is
Get Kids Going!
Turning dreams into reality
Sport and mobility for disabled children.
Cambridge Round Table are providing assistance with collections.
- Opening hours:
- Mon: 5pm-10.30pm (trade session 4-5pm)
- Tue-Fri: 11am-3pm, 5pm-10.30pm
- Sat: 11am-10.30pm
- Last entry 10.00pm.
- Admission: £2.00 after 6pm
- Free for CAMRA
members with card
- Concessions for designated drivers
(free soft drink vouchers)
- Due to the nature of the venue, anyone with unsuitable or unsafe footwear will be refused entry.
This includes bare feet or rollerskates.
For further information about the Festival, please contact the
organiser, Shaun Marsh.
The Festival is staffed entirely by volunteers.
If you'd like to help out, whether just for a few hours one evening or
throughout the week, you will be most welcome.
Help for the set-up and clear-away will be particularly appreciated.
The Staffing Officer is Anthea Andrews (contact details).
If you're interested, please fill in the Staffing Form
(the printed edition of the Spring 2000 ALE also has a staffing form).
As a volunteer, you get cheap beer and for each session you work a meal voucher.
Set-up begins on Thursday 18th May and clear-up lasts until the Tuesday after Bank Holiday Monday 29th May.
Beers, Ciders & Perries
Around 120 draught beers (at least 50% being East Anglian) are on order, plus bottled beers, ciders and perries.
The same much-loved selection of fine cold meat, cheese, fresh bread and so on.
- Ricky Howlett
- Rob Jackson & Warren Malone
- St Matthews Primary School Maypole Dancers
- Mark Jones & Anthony Burgess
- Richard Ecclestone
- Saturday afternoon
- Cambridge City Football Club are sponsoring free coaching by their players for children.
- (4pm) Black Thunder / Q103 (didn't turn up)
Cambridge & District CAMRA
Page last updated 29-May-2000